Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Original Art Mirrors & Other Stuff



These are my latest project geared towards lower end priced original art. With the economy and everything else, I figured it's best to go into the art market with lower priced items. Unlike the summer market when I focused on larger pieces, this time I'm working on more items priced under $100.00. Although people are still spending money, they're spending it more carefully, so with that said hopefully these mirrors will do well.
This first group are part of my Calavera Couture. The styles are my own spin on Dior spring fashions. I had so much fun painting them. And of course I threw in a little Audrey just because she seemed to fit right in!

My Sirena mirrors always do well. When they sell out I always get mad at myself for not making more, but I just can't mass produce like that. It bores me to work on the same subject for too long.
The Geisha was an idea I had in mind and had originally planned to do about three of them. But time is short and I've only managed to finish one so far.



2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow, you have a lot of stuff done! They look FABULOUS darlin!! The mirrors look great and the black and white painting looks wicked. It's a little hard to see but you can still tell that they are awesome!

Krissi said...

Wow. I think these deserve a Wayne's World "WE'RE NOT WORTHY!"

I love your stuff SOOOOO much!