Monday, August 10, 2009

Progress Pics

Soooo...despite the fact that I know I'm going to have a gain at weigh in tonight, I will NOT take the free pass. I will get on the scale and face it. And I will work harder next week.

I decided to take a few new pics today. My little girl is a future photographer. And astronaut. And paleontologist. And artist. And veterinarian. I think she did a good job. Except she wouldn't take the pics unless I smiled and said "cheese." Kids.



The only regret I have is that I threw out all of my "before" pics. Vanity is a killer. I wish I had kept some. But honestly they were too hard to look at for me. They are painful reminders of how far I let myself go. But like any addiction, one day at a time. One step back, two steps forward. Onward.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Aw, you look so young and pretty! I remember the pics you posted on here not too long ago and I can deinitely tell the difference! You look great! So proud of you, Pam :)

GlorV1 said...

Way to go Pam and that smile on your face is a beautiful one. It is very hard and I too am trying but tonight my husband wants tacos and so he gets them, but so do I. I can't help it...I have to eat them if I make them. I had cottage cheese, and yogurt throughout the day so a couple of tacos isn't going to hurt. By the way, you don't have to give up tortillas, just eat one like I am trying to do. You'll be fine. Keep it up, I will to. Take care.

Dina said...

You look super cute! And my daughter has the same requirements when taking pictures ;)

Emmett said...

Thats the attitude to have. I have been scared of the scale at my weight loss challenges from time to time as well. But its better to face it than to avoid it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sacred Yoli said...

Pam, you look beautiful! Such a wonderful smile. (Just like You)
I feel ya girl. I have taken the initiative to do something about my self too. I have gone down two dress sizes, and am still forging my way through. It has been quite a journey.

thanks for your inspiration!
Yoli aka Sacred Yoli