Thursday, August 6, 2009

Loser!

And after a wonderful trip to Santa Fe, a successful weekend at the Hispanic Contemporary Market, I am now down a total of 52 lbs! Physically I feel great! But oh my gosh the restaurants in Santa Fe are to die for! I love good traditional New Mexican fare and I ate plenty up in Santa Fe! Tamales smothered in fresh red chile. Delicious, aromatic and spicy carne adovada. Stuffed sopapillas. Chile con queso and hot chips. Not to mention a trip to Manny's Buckhorn Saloon up in San Antonio (San Antonio NEW MEXICO that is!) for deliciously wonderful green chile cheeseburgers! I bargained in my brain that to eat the burger, I could not eat the homemade real potato french fries and it worked! Well okay, I ate about three french fries because I am not that strong. And I still managed to lose 2 lbs. in the past two weeks at WW weigh-in this past Monday. I might be starting to get the hang of this losing weight thing. Not to mention that I've been riding my bike everyday! I love that thing and yeah Kate...it is glorious! Now I'm looking at upgrading my bike seat and tires too since I've found that the seat is not that comfortable if I'm riding for more than 15 minutes. Also managed to encourage my husband and younger daughter to ride with me. The recent feelings of freedom that I've had are almost euphoric to me. Yeah 52 lbs. is really only half of what I need to lose, but that also means that I'm halfway there too! I can actually feel my body as the pounds shed. And I'm just about at the point where I can feel comfortable flying. The fear and humiliation of being pulled out of line and forced to purchase a second seat has completely deterred me from flying for over 10 years now. I am starting to feel like life is opening up for me. One year ago I would have said that no way was I letting life pass me by. But now I can admit that yes, I have let so much pass me by. Fear of my weight and humiliation and embarrassment have held me back for so many many years! But I found my next wannado! On a drive up to Angelfire, NM (lovely ski resort area in the North), I saw some whitewater rafters going past in the Rio Grande Gorge. I freaked out and knew that I have found my next challenge. I want to go whitewater rafting! Me and my sis plan to go next year and take the husbands with us. One year ago I would have took pics and waved at all the kooks in that flimsy looking raft. Next year I'll get to be one of the kooks (God willing!) Yeah. It's all looking good.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

That's awesome, Pam! It really does open up a whole new world to you. So proud of you!

Kate8085 said...

Two words.
Gel Seat.
Your tushie will thank you!

GlorV1 said...

I think that is so awesome Pam. I wish I had the determination you have. I've got to lose at least 35-40 pounds. I've got to and I'm trying. I do exercise 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and I have being moderating and cutting back, so hopefully I too can one day soon say I lost those 40 pounds. I too am proud of you. You go girl!!

Emmett said...

Nice blog!

chandlerguera said...

Keep up the good work, artistically and the weight loss. It's awesome and inspiring!