Sunday, February 22, 2009

Working Hard & Trying to Stay Focused

Things haven't been easy. I'm on a weight loss journey and I've hit some really rocky times. I'm working hard but the rewards have been few and far in between. It's hard to stay focused on losing weight, and it's even harder to stay focused on creating art. But I don't have any more time to whine. I have two shows in April and I really want them both to be successful. I also have a friend of mine who is an incredibile seamstress...and truth is I hate using the word seamstress because it's far too mundane of a description for the work this woman does...she is truly an artist extraordinaire. In all aspects. And I've hired her to make me a wearable work of art skirt to wear for my shows. I can't wait! I'll post pics when it's finished!

More originals that I've finished up for San Antonio! I'm starting on a commission order for a Guadalupe nicho. I've decided to go with a pomegranate motif. Pomegranates represent amazing things. Fertility. Life. Rebirth. It's been said that the gown of the original Guadalupe is decorated in flowers that are very similar to pomegranates, so I think that design will go perfect on this nicho. This is not a fully original nicho, I'm using a decoupaged image of Guadalupe...but the rest of it will be hand painted. I'll post pics as it progresses. Enough for now. I have three large pieces that I've just primered and are waiting for color! Hasta luego amigos!

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Those are beautiful. Your very talented. As for the diet...what I do is not think of it as a diet. I try and stress "TRY" because it is hard, but I've gotten to the point that "moderation" is the key. So I don't cut out anything, I just don't eat as much. Instead 2 or 3 tortillas (ahem), I have 1. Instead of two servings of beans, I have one. Try that. Good luck. I hope you succeed in losing the weight you one, but you've already succeeded in your artistic talents. Take care.

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing person! Just balancing being an artist with being a mother and a wife and the other fifteen million things we do is a feat worthy of accolades and monuments. Don't forget that---even as you hit a plateau or lose your place in the juggling. Even if you're not losing weight, you are becoming healthier, which is the crucial thing. You're taking better care of yourself, and that is far more important than the scale.

As for this seamstress woman, she's blushing. ;)