Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back Online...Finally!

After over a month of having extremely limited internet access, my new computer has finally arrived and I'm hooked up again. Andele!
I have a huge Dia de Los Muertos show this weekend in Albuquerque (Santa Ana Pueblo). The following weekend is Santa Fe's huge Hispanic Contemporary Market. Hectic to say the least! I will post updates and pics of the new artwork I've been working on. The creativity has been flowing like a mofo and it's made me realize that I really do my best work under pressure.
I plan to catch up on all my favorite blogs and bloggerettes, but it might take a couple more weeks.
And on the weight loss journey, I've now lost a total of 46 lbs! My goal has always seemed impossibly far away, but learning to live it day by day has helped me put my weight loss expectations into perspective. And I've been riding my bike. I packed that sucker away years ago and let the dust gather on it because the dreams I've had of riding my bike with the wind blowing through my hair seemed like something I would never feel again. Wrong. I'm starting to feel like there's not much I can't do. It's really strange to have that sort of confidence. I'm not used to it.

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Pamela, glad you are back. Wow, 45 pounds! Hooray for you. I just have to get going and lose some weight. With all the exercise I do, I'm still not losing weight. Congratulations on your weight loss. Good luck on your shows and I look forward to seeing the pics of the artwork. Hooray for you!

Tricia said...

Yay Pam! So glad you finally got a computer so you can start posting again! Can't wait to see pics of your new work :)

That's awesome about the bike! Nice to have some freedom back, I bet. Keep it up!

Carolyn said...

Hey Pam! I can totally relate to doing your best work under pressure. My husband & I were just talking about the same thing the other day! Im ready for the Santa Ana Star, but, I'm not sure how ready I am for Santa fe.... But, push come to shove, I'll be ready!
I am so EXCITED for you! You lost 46lbs. That is commitment! You are awesome!! I too want to ride a bike! I need to get a baby seat and a bike of course... that might help. jajaa..
Christina will not be joining us for the Santa Ana show. She is involved in other local shows for the Italian ice her and her sister are selling. And OMG, I HAVE to get some to you, so you can taste it! I love it! The lemon is the BEST! And guess what? There fat free! I know! I know! Well, I'll see you tomorrow! Good luck and have a safe trip!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Pam. Thank you for you very nice comment on my blog. It is truly appreciated.

Kate8085 said...

46 pounds is an amazing accomplishment!! Get it, Girl!!

Been there. One day at a time.
My fave mantra during weight loss?
"I will not die if I don't eat this brownie/garlic bread/burrito today, and I will feel stronger and better tomorrow because of it. Its just food."

Had to say that in the mirror, because sometimes I really felt like I was going to die if I didn't eat it. hahaha.
Isn't bike riding glorious?